Youth Sports & Program Director
LOCATION: Pat Jones YMCA (1901 E Republic St., Springfield, MO 65804)
REPORTS TO: Center Executive Director
STATUS: Full-time, Exempt
WAGE RANGE: $35,500 -$37,500 (based on experience) POSITION
The Y is a cause-driven organization that is for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. This position requires an enthusiastic professional with proven skills in all areas of sports management, financial management, communication, and supervision. Candidate must be able to nurture a high-performing team of part time staff, volunteers, contract officials and organizational partnerships focused on growing the impact of youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility by developing high quality, excellent experiences in youth programming that aids in strengthening the foundations of our community. This position will actively participate as a member of a dynamic, high performing, cause-driven branch leadership team, exhibiting the characteristics of a welcoming, nurturing, genuine, hopeful and determined leader by developing a passionate commitment to all members within our community.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Serves as a role model and advocate of the YMCA Mission, Promise, Values and Voice. Our four Core Values: Caring, Kindness, Respect and Responsibility
• This position will oversee the vision and operation of both youth and adult sports programs in their region and within our association, including the marketing and responsibility for all youth programs, and both budgets.
• Manage the budget for all programs within oversight, including controlling salary and supply costs to create the most efficient programs possible.
• Responsible for making the Athletics branch of our association a financially, self-sustaining operation.
• Recruiting, hiring, training, and supervision of part time hourly staff as site supervisors, officials, and coordinators; staff teams of 10-20 part time staff per season.
• Lead, manage, and supervise 100-200 total volunteers per region annually that are involved with all of our youth sports programs.
• Actively seek out and engage in community organization collaborations.
• Ensure that all program facilities and athletic fields/areas portray a clean, welcoming environment with specific attention to details.
• Develop a creative and innovative marketing/promotional plan for all programs that meets all brand standards.
• Ensure all members and participants understand the YMCA’s charitable history by passionately participating in the Annual Campaign.
• All other duties as requested
CAUSE-DRIVEN LEADERSHIP® COMPTENCIES Skills:
• Strong personal character and values
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Technologically proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, with the ability to use technology to advance the mission
• Mission Advancement through volunteerism, community, & philanthropy
• Collaboration through relationships, communication, & inclusion
• Operational effectiveness thru decision making, innovation, and quality results
• Personal growth through emotional maturity, change capacity & functional expertise
Bachelor’s Degree (4+ years of experience can be substituted for degree)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to perform all physical aspects of the position for long periods of time, including walking, standing, bending, squatting, and kneeling.
• The physical ability to supervise, instruct and lead groups of part-time staff and children relating to the programs.
• Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical situations and physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency
• Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds
• Ability to transport to/from various sites
EFFECT ON END RESULT:
• The YMCA is viewed as a community leader in the areas of summer camps, youth sports and youth programming.
• The lives of the youth in your programs are forever changed for the better because of the caring nature shown by the staff and volunteers towards them.
• Growth and impact in the number of people we serve are consistently improving based on the excellent experiences they have at the YMCA.
• Community organizations actively seek out partnerships & collaborations with the YMCA because of the genuine relationships that have been built.
• Program enrollment maintains growth while maintaining the same excellent experience for all participants.
• Curriculum in both the programs and volunteer trainings is continuously evaluated and improved.
• Satisfaction survey results are continuously evaluated and improved while remaining a leader in our association.
An excellent benefits package is offered including quality health coverage with dental & vision options and 9 % Retirement paid by the YMCA. A complimentary communitywide family membership is also included in this benefit package. The Ozarks Regional YMCA maintains a strong commitment to training and professional development.