Make Your Resolutions Your Reality
If you’ve made a New Year’s resolution in the past and found that you have not been able to stick with it then don’t be too hard on yourself. Surprisingly, 75% of resolutions will be continued through the entire first week of January, but only 46% make it past six months. How can you make your resolutions a reality?
We’re here to help. Here are some tips from the Y to help you reach your wellness goals:
1. Have Fun If you loved riding your bike as a kid then try Spin. Embrace your inner warrior with Bodycombat. Love to dance? Then try Zumba or Mixxfit. Whatever you pick, make it fun! Find your group exercise schedule or download our app. Just search Ozarks Regional YMCA in your app store.
2. Start Slow You get excited and are ready to make a change, then you over do it and the next 2 days you are too sore to even think about working out again. Start slow. It’s okay to do 10 minutes the first week and add 5-10 minutes each week thereafter.
3. Seek Support We’re here for you! Every member may meet with a Wellness Coach for free to help set your goals and make a plan for success. Stop by your front desk to make an appointment today.
4. Write it Down Keep a journal or use ActivTrax to log your activity and progress. What is ActivTrax? ActivTrax is our web based program that designs a personalized workout program just for you. See the front desk to make your appointment.
5. Call in the Experts If you get stuck, ask for help. Our personal trainers are experts at helping people get started and staying on track. Contact your front desk for more information. As you make these healthy lifestyle changes, don’t be too hard on yourself. We’re not going anywhere and will be right here waiting to help when you come back!
The Y has a wide variety of personal training, group exercise classes and healthy living experts to help you with your goals. To learn more about how to make a lifestyle change for you and your family, stop by your local YMCA and speak with a health and wellness experts.