Part-time Member Specialist
Position: Part-time Member Specialist
Locations: Ward Downtown YMCA (417 S Jefferson Ave Springfield, MO 65806)
Reports to: Kelci Scott, Executive Director
FSLA Status: Hourly/Non-Exempt - 20 hours per week
Under the direction of the Membership Director, the Membership Specialist will provide an intentional focus on building and fostering a culture of member engagement through providing outstanding, personalized service to members. The Member Specialist will be responsible for contributing to the overall member experience through their connecting members with Y resources, programming, and options between programming through listening and engaging with members throughout their wellness journey.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Take personal accountability for the daily care of members as a first priority by personally engaging and building
a network of relationships with members, on a consistent basis.
• Seek to understand what others are feeling and saying- respond to the needs of each specifically.
• Sell and promote memberships, programs, and special events. Provide tours to prospective members.
• Serve as a first point of contact with members and guests entering facility: greet by name, check ID
cards/passes, and distribute any hand-held equipment (i.e. racquetball equipment)
• Assist with inquiries regarding services and other Y related information both in person and on the phone
• Accurately process program registrations and assist in processing new memberships; including cash transactions
and maintenance of member records. Must also respond to inquiries by phone.
• Navigate, search, and enter basic information utilizing CCC, the information system for Y membership records.
• Work as part of the membership team to consistently deliver excellence in member service and engagement.
• Respond to all inquiries and complaints in a timely, professional, and proactive manner.
• Accountable to the Membership Director for execution of policies and procedures of the Association.
• Respond to emergency situations by adhering to the safety policies and procedures set for the
EDUCATION and or EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Certifications required within 30 days of hire: CPR/AED, and First Aid
• District Wide Customer Service training within 90 days of hire
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Excellent customer service, sales, problem solving, and interpersonal skills
• Friendly disposition, self-directed and customer focused
• Willingness to work with people of diverse backgrounds
• Models values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility
The Y is the nation’s leading nonprofit committed to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
Equal Opportunity Employer THE YMCA WELCOMES A DIVERSE WORKFORCE