Part-time Kids' Zone Attendant
Position: Part-time Kids' Zone Attendant
Locations: G. Pearson Ward YMCA
FSLA Status: Hourly, non-exempt - 20 hours per week
Reports to: Kelci Scott, Executive Director
Under the direction of the Senior Membership Director, the Kid’s Zone Lead Attendant will be responsible for providing fun and age appropriate activities in a safe environment for the participants in the program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Interact with children in safe, age appropriate activities.
• Actively participate and supervise children in a caring and positive manner
• Ensure that each child’s hygiene needs are meet, which includes changing of soiled diapers and
• clothing, if necessary.
• Treat children with warmth, dignity, and respect.
• Communicate to parents clearly and in a timely manner any injuries, behavior problems and/or health
• concerns (i.e. runny nose, fever, etc.)
• Ensure that Kids Zone guidelines are met (e.g. age requirements, log in/out procedures)
• Keep Kids Zone room area and materials next organized, and placed with the children’s safety in
• Report any incidents or injuries to the Kid’s Zone Lead Attendant/Senior Membership Director/ or Manager on
Duty immediately and assist with any documentation or statements as needed.
• Maintain excellent communication with parents regarding activities, child’s progress, achievement, behavior, or
• Participant in ongoing development trainings, staff meetings, and special events.
• Model appropriate discipline procedures in accordance with the YMCA’s policies.
• All other duties assigned by the Senior Membership Director or Kid’s Zone Lead Attendant.
EDUCATION and or EXPERIENCE:
• Must be at least 18 years old
• Present themselves in a positive manner and display a warm and caring demeanor towards children and parents.
• CPR/AED and First Aid training certified with the first 90 days of employment.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Demonstrate, model, and gear program activities to the needs of participants, with concerns for their interests, disabilities, and development level.
The Y is the nation’s leading nonprofit committed to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
Equal Opportunity Employer THE YMCA WELCOMES A DIVERSE WORKFORCE